2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata Engine, Performance, and Power Improvements
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata, and its hardtop counterpart the RF, will be releasing later this year in the fall of 2018. Thankfully, this new year model constitutes something of a redesign for the Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible roadster. The engine size remains the same, but its power output, efficiency, and performance features have been dramatically improved. In what ways you might ask? Well, let’s see what the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata has improved in regard to its engine specs!
2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata Engine and Performance Efficiency
Before we get to power, lets first look at efficiency. Now, we’re not strictly talking about fuel efficiency, but how efficient the engine is in terms of responsive handling and smooth driving. All in all, a vehicle must be fun and thrilling to drive, which is where the Mazda MX-5 Miata succeeds! For that, the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata has included and improved the following:
- Brand-new exhaust system brings a richer, more appealing, sound quality
- Dual-mass flywheel replaces the single-mass flywheel to improve smooth and responsive control
- Improved combustion and efficiency through reconfigured ports and new and improved included high-pressure fuel injectors
- New final drive ratio increases linear response time
- Reduced exhaust loss through valve angle and manifold reconfiguring
- Reduced piston weight for less internal friction
2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata Power Output
So, what has the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata improved upon in terms of numbers relating to power? Well, percentage-wise, the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata improves its power output over the 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata by 17%. Need a clearer picture of what that means?
The 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata produces 155 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque.
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata produces 181 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque.
Learn More About the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata in Rochester, NY
Want to learn more about the performance features on the upcoming 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata? Please contact us here at Marketplace Mazda if interested. The Marketplace Mazda dealership is located in Rochester, New York within Monroe County!